Indo American Cultural Connect
10 Years of Service to Classical Music and Dance
INDRADHANUSH 2020 Participant Information and Guidelines
Title: Folk Dances of the World
Theme: Joy of Life
WHEN: The program will be held in late March of Early April in the city of Phoenix (based on availability of the auditorium). Please watch for announcements from IACCONNECT.
DURATION: 2.5 hours
November 30, 2019: Submit application at IACCONNECT web site with a video clip in YouTube.
December 15, 2019: IACCONNECT to notify acceptance of application.
January 31, 2020: Final live auditions with IACCONNECT team.
February 14, 2020: Detailed write-up about the performance and the artists due to IACCONNECT.
February 14, 2020: Performance audio-visual requirements and music due to IACCONNECT.
IACConnect was formed to promote Indian Classical Music and Dance among the citizens of metro Phoenix area. IACCONNECT Annual Indradhanush 2020 is a presentation of “Folk Dances of the World” with the theme “Joy of Life”. Our goal is to present a medley of Folk Dances from various regions of India and rest of the world together on a stage.
Definition of folk Dance: a popular dance, considered as part of the tradition or custom of a particular people. A folk dance is developed by people that reflect the life of the people of a certain country or region.
Participants Guidelines Indradhanush 2020:
- Maximum time allowed for each performance will be about 10 minutes.
- Maximum 6 (six) performers per entry. We can consider additional participants, if justification is provided. This limit is due to constraint of green room space in auditoriums.
- All performances need to be of professional quality. Professionally trained dancers are preferred (no amateur performers please).
- All performances to be relevant to the theme and be true folk dance (including traditional costumes and music).
- No real weapons are to be used in the performance.
- Only one entry per region will be allowed in the program (e.g.: Punjab, Bulgaria etc).
- IACCONNECT will hold auditions and IACCONNECT Board decision will be final.
- Each entry will provide detailed write-up about the performance (maximum 1000 words) and the artists.
- Each entry will provide a video for the purpose of the audition.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining appropriate copyright permissions related to the music etc. used and the performances. Performers will be allowed free entry in the auditorium.
- Participants shall provide consents to IACCONNECT to take pictures/ make videos of the program for use in IACCONNECT’s promotional material including social media sites and printed material.
- Artist will pay-for and provide their own costumes, props and other production costs, such as rehearsal and incidental expenses (no re-imbursement from IACCONNECT). There will be no honorarium paid for each entry.
- IACCONNECT will pay for auditorium and related expenses, along with other cost of producing the show.
- There is no entry fee for teams to participate. IACCONNECT encourages each team is to purchase a minimum of 10 tickets in liu of entry fee (to help develop audience for the program).
- Three cash prizes: one $500 and two $250 each will be awarded based on overall presentation and relevance to the theme. Decision to be made by a panel of judges appointed by IACCONNECT. Judges are honorary and get a complimentary entry to the show.
Contact us via Email: email@example.com